Life

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A little diddy about faith



It's been a while since I have written. Probably common amongst most bloggers. Ironic as it may be, during this holiday season, I find my faith in so many things in my world challenged on so many levels.  

I think it's very important to understand the difference between faith and religion.  Faith is a feeling. Faith is a hunch- a hunch that there is something bigger connecting it all, and connecting us all together.  

Here's a little diddy, all about my faith in my precious prince and princess:

You could say I lost my faith in science and progress
You could say I lost my belief in the holy church
You could say I lost my sense of direction
You could say all of this and worse but

If I ever lose my faith in you
There'd be nothing left for me to do

Some would say I am a lost man in a lost world
You could say I lost my faith in the people on TV
You could say I lost my belief in our politicians
They all seem like game show hosts to me

If I ever lose my faith in you
There'd be nothing left for me to do

There is a part of me hoping that for the things I do as an EMT, some increased degree of goodness, comfort and protection will come to those I love.  It was 4am when the pager went off last Saturday morning- auto accident on the parkway. I didn't hesitate. Fast speed on the parkway + accident + rescue alarm over the pager=something bad. "Make sure you lock the door when you leave" my wife's sleepy voice beckoned.  When my bus got to the scene, the car was fully involved in flames, resting on its side.  Only one car was involved in the accident.  It looked like a movie set.  

The driver literally walked into the ambulance. The odor of alcohol was on his breath. He didn't have a scratch. "Sir, are you hurt anywhere?" "No," he managed to get out of his mouth.  "My son is an EMT".  Sheesh. Talk about a non sequitur.  I don't think it was exactly the good people at Chrysler who kept this man from harm though.  His son's beneficence didn't keep him from getting arrested about an hour later.  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome back...

xoxo-gossip girl